ucLADINO is a student-run organization at the University of California, Los Angeles dedicated to promoting the knowledge and use of the Judeo-Spanish language(s).
Now in its 5th consecutive year, the ucLADINO Judeo-Spanish Symposium is the nation’s premiere space for students, scholars, and community stakeholders to connect and share original research on linguistic, literary, cultural, and historical facets of Judeo-Spanish.
This year we will explore the ways in which Judeo-Spanish creates and/or functions within and across diverse physical, socio-cultural, and linguistic geographies. Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
• Diversity and transformation in linguistic contact zones
• Trans-historical and intergenerational relationships
• Judeo-Spanish in domestic and public spaces
• Political, economic, and cultural networks and activism
• Underrepresented communities in the Sephardic Diaspora
• Judeo-Spanish in interdisciplinary studies
• Crossing borders in literature, music, and performance
• University-Community relations and collaborations
Full schedule coming soon.